Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Title
    Premium Member

Off brand powders

So midsouth shooters supply has free hazmat on shooters world powder right now. Their names for the powders are a bit confusing but they are cheap and plentiful. Has anyone used this brand of powder? If so is it reliable? Blc-2 is getting more and more expensive and I'm also researching for a new powder for a 300 blackout suppressed load.

Title
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Constructiongunner View Post
    So midsouth shooters supply has free hazmat on shooters world powder right now. Their names for the powders are a bit confusing but they are cheap and plentiful. Has anyone used this brand of powder? If so is it reliable? Blc-2 is getting more and more expensive and I'm also researching for a new powder for a 300 blackout suppressed load.
    Lots of people seem to use them, because it is cheap.
    Not one I have tried, since I have age old load data that works for me, but maybe someone here will chime in on it

Title
    Premium Member
    I have been using their Tactical Rifle for my 223 loads. So far (4 lbs later). I am very happy with it. Just bought 8lbs from midsouth 4 days ago

Title
    Premium Member
    I have used the SW Blackout. It's the same as Accurate 1680. The load data is almost identical and it's just as dirty as 1680.

Title
    Premium Member
    I have been using the SW SBR Socom for .458 Socom loads, meters nicely, fires clean, haven't had any issues with it other than a dearth of load data.

Title
    Premium Member
    Shooters World is repacked Lovex Explosia powder. The bottles list the Lovex part number. Load data's available. If you load by volume, Reloader VMD supports those powders under the Lovex part number.

Title
    Premium Member
    I have a good supply of tried and true common powders and really dont want to try something new..for the sake of saving a few bucks..just me.
    [I][B][COLOR="#FF0000"][SIZE=4]Some people never have time to do it right the first time but always find time to do it twice[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/I]

Title
    Premium Member
    I’ve been working with the tactical rifle powder and it meters great and I can’t think of a reason so far that I wouldn’t try it at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Have been using the Tactical Rifle and Clean Shot. I have been really happy with them. Been loading 223 with the tac but ran some 308 thru AR last night with it and great results. Meters well and very similar to H335

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I use ETR7 (that I get from the Tannerite store) for several pistol calibers. I'm told it's CSB-1 that has been repackaged.
    IMG_20180907_203419186.jpg
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 09-07-2018 at 07:48 PM.